Department: Tech Reports to: Service Manager
Do you want a career with unlimited growth potential? Do you want to be a member of an exclusive team of IT service professionals where you are treated like family? Do you want to work at an organization where employees enjoy coming to work?
DiamondIT is a modern, forward-looking, IT consulting organization. We specialize in all facets of business technology with an emphasis on solutions, not products. We value hard work, and we listen to and understand our clients’ and employees’ needs. We are a company that nurtures a strong work ethic, values family, and is active in our community.
While “Uncompromised Quality” is fundamental, so is having an enjoyable work environment. From hockey games to fishing trips and theme park thrills, our company puts funds into fun. We also know a balanced life is a healthy life. DiamondIT’s company culture is one you will not want to miss out on. If you are intrigued by the cutting edge of technology and are looking for a company that you can grow with personally and professionally, we want to talk to you. Please email resumes to careers@diamondIT.pro
The Senior Network Technician is responsible for all first and second level service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- IT support for Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Support for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- System documentation to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Attendance and punctuality are essential to the performance of this position
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver exceptional customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Work through a daily schedule in ConnectWise that has been established through the dispatch process
- Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in our CRM as it occurs
- Enter all work as service tickets into our CRM
- Understand processes in CRM by completing assigned training materials and blueprints in ConnectWise University
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Some college or vocational training preferred.
- 1-3 years of prior work experience in the IT field is required
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- Advanced technical understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony, communication, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- Ability to travel to client locations on a regular basis
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license
- Candidates may be subject to pre-employment screening: physical, drug screening, background check, and TB test
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications
- 401 K / Profit Share / Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance / Holiday & Vacation Pay
- Fun working environment and culture
- Great opportunity for training and advancement
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Interested in becoming part of the team?
Click the link below to send us an email regarding your interest in one of the positions listed. In the email, be sure to include your contact information, the position you are interested in and attach a PDF version of your resume.Contact Us